Thursday 6 September 2007

Believe it or not...

Yes, I'm still here and still have a rattle in the dash of my Mitsubishi Grandis. I haven't been blogging because I really thought things were being sorted out by Pheonix Mitsubishi in Stirling but since April our Grandis has been in their workshop four times (once for three weeks!) and the rattle persists.

Pheonix Mitsubishi have ordered and fitted new parts but don't seem able to tell if the problem has been fixed or not before they hand it back to us so then we have to arrange another visit. Today was the last straw (again). The car was returned to us this morning having had yet another new part fitted somewhere in the dash and not only did the rattle reappear on the school run, the SRS warning light came on and stayed on. This light indicates that there is a problem with the airbags or seat belt tensioners, not problems you want to have when taking three children back and forwards to school.

We called Pheonix but they cannot take the car and provide us with a courtesy car till Monday. As far as they know it is OK to drive in the meantime - not very reassuring, but what can we do?

I am so sick and fed up of this whole saga I want Pheonix to take the car AND NOT GIVE IT BACK TILL IT IS FIXED! How difficult is that!!


I'll keep you posted.

4 comments:

grumpyoldgit said...

I feel for you. I have a Grandis 2.0d (55) and wish that I had never got it. Only really got it because the wife liked the look of it, and for some reason I thought that having a VAG engine it would be great.

Anyway, dealer down here in the south is crap. Middle seats wouldn't lock in place and that has taken 4 months to get sorted (although when the reinstalled the seat they have cut the legroom down by 1-2 inches!!).

Alarm - this is the 5th time that they have played with it to get the sensitivity right so that it doesn't get set off by the rain.

Had an insurance job but the rear bumper came back all chipped.

They charge SO much that I wrote to Colt Car Company HQ saying that they had lost a customer for good. Now I just have to find a reasonably priced and competent indy garage in the London area.

Unknown said...

I am also a VERY disappointed customer with a Grandis that sound like a Maracas rather than a car. I have unfortunately lost the battle because of sheer lack of time (I freelance...)
This is the first time I see I'm not alone in this battle, and am taking strength from the fact that more people are going through this.

I have fought for a while, and spoken to Mistubishi a number of times, just to get a condescending reply like "why don't you take it to another dealer", to which I've replied - "And what if the next one can't fix it, will I have to take it to a dealer in Japan?"

I would love to have Mitsubishi PAY for this aggravation, I think the car is inferior in it's manufacturing values, and the dealers probably know it. It's not a cheap car, but it definitely feels cheap, since driving it, sounds like driving an old transit van when it comes to rattling and noise.

I'm a computer consultant, and would gladly buy a domain called something like "grandis-notthatgrand.com" and get this blog more attention. I'm sure once Mitsubishi will start losing revenue, they will start treating us in a more respectful manner.

Please contact me eran@oa-sys.co.uk if you feel like going to war :-)

Heather said...

Hi I'm Heather. I have a question about your blog, please email me when you get a chance. HeatherVonSJ(at)gmail(dot)com Thanks!!

Heather said...

Hi I'm Heather. I have a question about your blog, please email me when you get a chance. HeatherVonSJ(at)gmail(dot)com Thanks!!