Tuesday 27 March 2007

Progress and not progress

Finally, last Friday, Stirling Mitsubishi picked up our Grandis and took it off for repair. They left us with a 6-seater Honda courtesy car (the FR-V), which I must say I am quite enjoying driving! It feels a lot lighter than the Grandis and therefore it's not quite so reassuringly solid and safe, but it is much nippier.
On Monday morning a very friendly chap from Stirling Mitsubishi phoned up just to check exactly what was needed to be done and said he'd keep me in touch with what was happening. I think that's the first unprompted phonecall I've had from anyone connected to Mitsubishi. Am I finally getting some proper customer service?

It's not all roses I'm afraid. On Monday I also got a letter from Russell Stanley (head office Customer Service Manager) in response to my letter of 6 March requesting compensation, which I sent to Alan Walker at Fife Mitsubishi and copied to Russell Stanley. Mr Stanley states that 'any offer made by the dealership will be on a goodwill basis as costs such as these are not an entitlement under the manufacturer's warranty.' Quite why he thought I was trying to claim anything under the warranty I'm not sure. Of course it's goodwill I'm looking for, but looks like that is something Fife Mitsubishi are right out if. In my opinion head office should be taking over here and compensating us if the dealership don't. Surely they want our goodwill too?

Needless to say I haven't had any response from Alan Walker himself.

No comments: