Wednesday 21 March 2007

Still trying to get the wiper blade

Well, the chap from Stirling Mitsubishi has just turned up with the wiper blade. He was supposed to be here between 6 and 6.30pm, when it would still have been fairly light, but he didn't turn up till 6.40pm and then just handed the blade to my husband, said he knew nothing about fitting it because he worked with Hondas and left.
My husband tried to fit it but as it was now pretty much completely dark and the pictures in the manual bore no resemblance to the blade or the fitting, he had to give up. I just hope we can get it fitted in the morning otherwise I think I might scream!
Should it really be this difficult to get a replacement wiper blade? That's a pretty basic part so surely we can't be expected to go through this performance each time one needs to be replaced? Well, with Mitsubishi, anything is possible.
We are now seriously looking at getting rid of this car. If you are reading this blog and thinking about buying a Mitsubishi of any sort I strongly recommend you look into the availability of spare parts before you do!

1 comment:

grumpyoldgit said...

agree 100% with this and also am thinking of selling my grandis.

service costs are astronomical and spares are a joke. takes forever and when I was stung for £265+VAT for a bit of plastic (rear passenger-side light cover) I realised that Mitsu has lost my custom for good.