Monday 19 February 2007

New year, but no new seats

You can probably guess what happened on 4 January...

Thursday 4 January 2007
No phonecall from Alan.

Monday 8 January 2007
I phoned Fife Mitsubishi to find out why they hadn't phoned me to arrange the assessment/repair to seat headrests. Alan was off sick so I spoke with Mike, who was very helpful and arranged for a mechanic to come and fix the broken headrest on Friday. I tried to explain again that I thought the problem was more fundamental than a broken clip and that the seats would probably have to be replaced completely but yet again my concerns were not taken seriously.

Friday 12 January 2007
Mechanic came and replaced the broken clip. We asked if problems with putting the headreats in and out were common and he said most people just didn't put the headrests in! Not a terribly satisfactory solution in my opinion!

Saturday 13 January 2007
Checked the headrests. Still can't get them out and the clip round the hole is coming away from the seat cover again on both seats.

By this time I really was completely fed up with the whole situation. We still had a car that did not function properly. One of the attractions of the Grandis was its really easy system for putting the two rear seats up and down, but we hadn't been able to do that in all the six months that we'd owned our car!

I decided to give Fife Mitsubishi one more chance to resolve the problem once and for all.

No comments: